Saturday, November 1, 2008

waiting up

Here I sit. So tired. Waiting for Mackenzie to get home. I'm having an issue. I'm a worrier and I especially worry when Mackenzie is out late. He doesn't do it often but tonight he and some friends are in Eola going through some haunted house. I hate it. I can't go to sleep for fear of being awakened by "the knock". I know it is ridiculous and that is exactly what he would say, too. "Mom, you are so ridiculous." I can't even text him to see where he is cause if he's driving I don't want him reading a text. So, here I sit with bloodshot eyes and a weary body...waiting. Not to mention the fact that Micheal will be asking me later this morning why I came to bed when I did. I know Kenzie is responsible, he's proven over and over that he makes good decisions. I'm still a worrier.
Heavenly Father, I pray your Holy Spirit go before Mackenzie, stand beside him, hover over him and be behind him. Protect him from every danger, disease and trauma. In Jesus' name, Amen.

2 comments:

D and J said...

i know the feelings you are having. i can tell you that this season of life will pass and you will live through it. with kids there is always something to worry about. now, i worry about my grandkids. they live in a high traffic town (dallas) and i say many prayers. hope you got some sleep.

Alicia said...

I was just telling Micheal tonight that there's fixin' to be another one for me to worry about. I go crazy now!