Friday, March 14, 2014

Perspective

I recently started reading the book 7 by Jen Hatmaker. It has changed my perspective. I guess change isn't necessarily the best word. It has shone a bright spot light on what I already knew we should be doing. I have been feeling the need to simplify my life for some time. I am so overwhelmed with...stuff. The Lord has repeatedly shown me through various means that this is indeed the time to weed out and focus on what is important. I have always believed that He uses the bad in our lives to perform something good (ALL things work together for good). The bad in this case is divorce. Micah and the boys moving in with us has been a monumental adjustment for each of us and along with it has come this feeling of being overwhelmed with stuff. We had tons of stuff to start with but now we have her and 3 little boys stuff added in. (And laundry.?! OMGosh. I remember now why we used to say it never ends. Because it doesn't.) All this stuff has emphasized the need to get rid of excess. Stuff, stuff, stuff. Did you get that? Stuff!! Today I have a date with my camera phone and Craig's List. Let the purge begin.

1 comment:

D and J said...

Good luck. I feel the same way about clearing stuff out.