Friday, September 12, 2008

couch to 5K

I've been looking on the WW website for running info and have had no luck until tonight. There is a small article that led to a message board within WW. On it there were many mentions of a program called C25K. I checked it out and it is exactly what I was looking for. A plan set out by week. It recommends working out 3 days a week starting with a 9 week program ending at the 5K mark, another 10 weeks will get you to 8K and the last additional 10 weeks leads to the 10K. If I calculated it correctly that would conclude at about the same time as the Capital run. You can visit it and coolrunnings by clicking on their links over to the left under my "favorite places to visit". There are links on the c25k for several other websites that provide podcasts to listen to while you walk/run. Even a Christian one. Lmk what you think.

No comments: