Sunday, September 7, 2008

first time out

I'm so glad I live out in the country and do not have to worry about who sees me "running". It is pitiful. I started out walking from the front door to the gate, adding some big arm circles to get the blood flowing good and continued on down the driveway to the paved road. I did a few stretches and started off. I was thinking it wasn't so bad until the I hit about the 30 second mark at which time I truly thought I'd die. It didn't help that I've been dealing with upper respiratory issues (allergies I'm sure). So I trudged on to the dead end thinking "This must be how Jenny felt when she saw that last hill." Of course the big difference was she had been running for an hour and I'd been at it only a minute. I took a moment to gasp for breath and then walked back to the driveway. I wanted to head back to the house but instead I walked up to the stop sign and then back to the house. This took a total of...20 minutes. How sad is that??? I can do step aerobics for an hour, no problem but can't run 2 minutes. I kept telling myself that at least I was doing it and not sitting on the couch. I saw Rose at the picnic today and she gave me some pointers that has enabled me to set some realistic goals. It's a process.

No comments: