Saturday, August 23, 2008

farewell

Micheal and Mackenzie took PT (stands for Poppa's truck, Poppa was my Daddy) to Snyder today and traded it for a motorcycle. I knew it was going to happen, I was the one who told Micheal it was okay to do the trade. We weren't driving PT because it used a lot of gas, about a quarter of a tank a day. Remember we live out in Dove Creek. I know that Daddy would have said "Alicia Darleen, there is no reason for that truck to sit there gathering dust. Get rid of it." But you see...I'm a Daddy's girl. He passed in 2001 and it was so painful that I couldn't let myself even think about him. It was like that for about 3 years. Anytime I would begin to think of Daddy it just hurt too much so I would push those memories away but I could still drive his truck and it was like he was there with me. The truck was my connection to him. About a month ago while I was getting ready for work I was talking to the Lord and I told him that I wished Micheal had a motorcycle that would be fun and reliable for him to ride with his buddies. He works hard and he deserves to have something he wants. Shortly after that his brother David mentioned he was going to sell one of his motorcycles and the rest is history. I had an H&R Block class this morning and as I drove home, I cried the whole way. It just makes me sad. I'm glad I didn't boo hoo when they left. I know it is silly to feel this way and it is so neat to see Micheal so excited. He and Kenz have been outside playing with the bike ever since they got home. I took a good picture of them and will see if I can get it on here.

No comments: